Whatsapp is no where behind in race of copying features from other applications.
- Add Text & Emoji or Draw on photos and videos.
- Invite someone to join the Group.
Both these features not new to people. These are there on some other applications for quiet some time now.
Add Text & Emoji or Draw on photos and videos
- Add Text – Adding texts on photo or videos. You can chose colors from color pallette. You can also resize the text by pinch & zoom.
- Add Emojis – Add any of the Emojis you use on normal WhatsApp message.
- Draw – Scribble or draw on your photos & videos
- Rotate – Using this you can rotate photo or video to any angle.
Invite to Join a Group:
Group Admins can now sent an invitation link to someone asking to join the Group.
On Group Info page, Admins will see a new option “Invite to Group via Link“.
On clicking there you will see the Group Invite Url and mode to send the invite.
- Share Link – Share the link via various messaging/mail apps
- Copy Link – Copy and paste the link to send
- QR Code – Invite by sharing a QR Code
- Revoke Link – If you revoke it, no one will be able to join using the link.
In addition to these 2 features, there are some changes in UI also iOS app.
- Send button is replaced by an Arrow Key.
- On Chat window, profile/group picture is Left Aligned. Previously it was aligned on Right side
- Name is also Left Aligned. Previously it was aligned in Center.
- The Up ward arrow key to share photo/video/document/contact/location is replaced by a ‘+’ sign.
Other features Whatsapp introduced in recent past are sharing documents, Text formatting & GIF support.
What other features you think WhatsApp is going to bring next? Post in comments 🙂